A Legacy with Lasting Value
You Are Making the Difference
At South Texas College of Law Houston, our mission is to provide a diverse body of students with the opportunity to obtain an exceptional legal education, preparing graduates to serve their community and the profession with distinction.
Your generous support allows STCL Houston to fulfill this mission in the lives of our students through student scholarships and support of our educational program, clinics, institutes, and award-winning extracurricular programs. Among the programs your gift supports are
- The Randall O. Sorrels Legal Clinics, where students work with real clients from our community who are most in need.
- The STCL Houston Advocacy Program, which has been ranked # 1 - BEST OF THE DECADE in National Moot Court by PreLaw Magazine.
- The Fred Parks Law Library.
- The Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution.
- The Harry L. Reed Oil and Gas Institute.
- STCL Houston’s Institute for International Legal Practice and National Security.
- Legal Research and Writing, which has won more ABA Scribes awards than any other law school in the nation.
- Transactional Practice Center.
- Bar Preparation Program.
- Student Scholarships.
STCL Houston benefits greatly from charitable gifts. Structuring a planned gift, such as a charitable bequest or a gift of retirement plan assets, can make a meaningful contribution to the law school, while also benefiting your personal financial and planning goals. Through planned giving strategies, you can reposition assets in charitable gift annuities and charitable trusts, provide lifetime payments for yourself and others, while providing for STCL Houston in your estate plans.
Please explore our planned giving website and consider whether any of our planned giving strategies can help you maximize the potential of your resources, preserving financial security for yourself and your loved ones, while financially supporting STCL Houston. Contact the Office of Planned Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-646-1797 to discuss your planned gift.
In short, our success in fulfilling our mission depends on the generous support of those who care about South Texas College of Law Houston and the future of Legal Education. Thank you for making the difference.
Michael F. Barry, J.D.
President and Dean